Inside This Issue
This issue marks the official launch of this year’s PAPA Awards, and much anticipated Pizza and Pasta Chef of the Year competitions. We also preview the upcoming Bellavita Italian food expo (17-19 June 2018, Business Design Centre London), and there’s software advice for those seeking to optimise their business operations. Pizza toppings and cheese also feature, and we report on a recent trade delegation focus on food from Calabria (Confartigianato).
- Curb in eating habits of 25- to 34-year-olds could be met by targeting the over 50s.
- Store closures prompt restructuring and possible sell-offs.
- Businesses commit to Courtauld Commitment 2025 Water Ambition.
- Calorie-cutting plans announced.
- PAPA Awards 2018 launch.
- Pizza Chef of the Year 2018.
- Pasta Chef of the Year 2018.
Casual Dining 2018.
- Variety, tradition and flavour - cheeses.
- Pizzas with provenance and flavour - toppings that differentiate.
- PizzaExpress: Still relevant after 53 years.
- Confartigianato - Calabrian food promotion.
- Navigating the digital ordering landscape - advice from Preoday’s Thomas Kneubuehl.
- The science of productivity across front and back of house - advice from elementsuite.
Pizza My World - Continental Quattro Stagioni’s Amy Giacobbi.
- Wood-fired oven guru column.
- New products.
- Index of PAPA registered suppliers.